Planning to travel outside the UK? Get Cholera vaccination to protect against the disease while travelling. JMW Vicary Pharmacy specialise in cholera vaccinations.
Cholera is truly a deadly disease. The disease infects the small intestine and causes painless, watery diarrhoea. It is usually transmitted via infected water that has been contaminated by faeces and other contaminants.
Countries at risk
It is particularly prevalent in parts of Africa, India, and South East Asia. Book an appointment for Cholera vaccination centre at Stone and get immunised now. If you’re planning to visit any of the following countries - Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Chad, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Dominican Republic, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, India, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Tanzania and Yemen, then we highly recommend that you book an appointment with us today at out Cholera vaccination service centre at Stone.
- The Cholera vaccination is usually given as a drink, where the ingredients are mixed with water.
- For adults and children over the age of six, two doses of the vaccine are needed.
- A booster is obligatory if you continue to be at risk.
- All the doses must be taken one to six weeks apart.
- Ideally, the vaccination course should be completed at least one week before travelling.
- For volunteers, aid workers and medical personnel in disaster relief situations where cholera outbreaks are likely, cholera vaccination is an absolute must.
- Individuals travelling to work in refugee camps, slums, areas affected by natural disasters, or countries experiencing cholera outbreaks, vaccinations are made obligatory.
Always eat fresh food and drink boiled or treated water particularly in countries where cholera is predominant. Avoid untreated water, ice, shellfish, salads, peeled fruit and raw vegetables.